The single most important factor in determining when you will receive your inheritance is whether or not the inheritance is made up of probate or non-probate assets because not all assets are required to go through the probate process. Assets that bypass the probate process are typically distributed to beneficiaries shortly after the death of the decedent.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Probate Basics
- Testate vs. Intestate
- Probate vs. Non-Probate Assets
- Types of Probate — Formal Probate (Supervised vs. Unsupervised) and Small Estate
- Creditors of the Estate
- Will Contest
- Specific vs. General Gifts and Estate Liquidity
- Executor/Person Representative
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
- The Not-So Transparent Corporate Transparency Act - May 30, 2023
- How Tax and Non-Tax Considerations Impact Estate Planning – Part II - May 25, 2023
- How Tax and Non-Tax Considerations Impact Estate Planning – Part I - May 18, 2023