Your Last Will and Testament is intended to be your opportunity to decide what will happen to your estate assets after your death. Because you will not be around when the validity of your Will is potentially questioned, it is imperative that you do everything possible to ensure your Will can withstand a challenge if necessary. Because the average person has never been involved in challenging a Will during the probate of an estate most people do not realize the financial cost and emotional toll of a Will contest.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Who Can Contest a Will in Missouri?
- When Must a Will Contest Be Initiated?
- What Grounds May Be Alleged to Contest a Will?
- What Happens after Someone Files a Will Contest?
- What Effect Does a No Contest Clause Have on a Will Contest?